nutrition Communications combined mentorship & Internship
This combined mentorship and internship is a two-year track for dietetic or health science undergraduate student (ideal for those going into their junior or senior year) with a special interest in media and communications and a passion for the body positivity movement, eating disorder recovery, Health at Every Size and weight inclusive wellness. The ideal candidate is self-directed and enthusiastic, with strong writing and communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit and a knack for research.
This combined mentorship and internship is a two-year track designed for dietetic or health science undergraduate students. The first year is a training and mentorship experience where you will learn the ins and outs of running both a brick-and-mortar private practice and an online business. Throughout year one you will gradually acquire new skills and responsibilities and in year two, advance to the self-directed roll of Nutrition Communications Intern.
- Read and summarize research
- Draft and write blog posts
- Edit and promote podcasts
- Communicate with ancillary team members
- Manage editorial calendar and digital content
- Draft monthly newsletter
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- Junior or senior
- Strong research and writing skills
- Effective communication (phone and email) skills
- Isn’t afraid to make mistakes or ask for help
- Tech savvy
Hours & Location
- Start date: May 2018 (Summer Semester)
- Part-time (10-15 hours/week)
- Virtual, work from home or school
- Year One: unpaid
- Year Two: stipend, negotiable.
To Apply: Email the following to Jessi@JessiHaggerty.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover letter
- Writing sample(s)
- Any questions you have re: the position
Deadline: March 15, 2018