This is by far my favorite chili recipe. I've been making it for years now, and the best part is you can make a huge batch and freeze individual servings for easy dinners throughout the winter.
Sweet Potato Chili
- 3-5 Soup Starters (or 1 onion, diced and 3-5 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1, 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3-5 pieces Taza Guajillo Chocolate (or 1 tbsp cocoa powder)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp espresso
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1, 15 ounce can black beans
- 1, 15 ounce can pinto beans
- 1, 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 1 lb ground beef (grass fed recommended; can also use ground turkey or no meat)
In a sauce pot over medium heat, throw in Soup Starers, stir constantly and add in sweet potato, chili powder and cumin. Add a small amount of water to prevent sticking.
Add beef and stir until browned. Add in tomatoes, cocoa powder, maple syrup, espresso, cinnamon, and beans, and remaining broth and let simmer 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Top with cilantro and enjoy!