My conversation with Lauren is chock full of amazing information about digestive health, and I have to say, we’ve barely scratched the surface! I think we need to do a follow up episode to dig even further. But, if you’re someone who’s suffered from digestive discomfort, you’ll likely find this information fascinating. In this episode we cover:
- The interesting intersection of eating disorders and digestive health. Many people who suffer from an eating disorder might also suffer from digestive issues. Alternatively, those with digestive health issues might try so many restrictive diets, that it can ultimately lead to an eating disorder or disordered eating pattern.
- IBS, what it is, how to get diagnosed, and two effective treatments you can try, under the supervision of a registered dietitian.
- Why “bloating” might not be as abnormal as you think.
- How hypnotherapy might be just as effective as following an elimination diet for IBS.
- Why (unfortunately) there is no one-size-fits-all model to correcting digestive health issues, and it’s best to work under the care of a GI doctor and dietitian.
Do you have any questions regarding digestive health? Let me know in the comments below and let's try to get you set on the right path!
Did you like this episode? Share my favorite quote on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! Make sure to tag me, @JessiHaggertyRD and #BodyLoveProjectPodcast so we can start a conversation!